Everton v Arsenal: Premier League – live

Sean Dyche talks to BT Sport. “You’re trying to fast-track a pre-season’s work, five weeks’ work of blending into five days. The players have been receptive. A lot of hard work, a lot of honesty. So I’m looking to build on that. They’re professional people, they know they’re not firing on all cylinders. A lot of respect for the outgoing manager, they felt they could have done more. I said we need to do more, quite obviously.”

He’s asked whether the squad is good enough to stay up. “We’ll see, we’ll see. But it’s good enough on paper. A lot of these players have been bought for a lot of money. I showed them some of their pasts, their history, some of their achievements. These are good players, they haven’t come here for no reason. There’s a very strong, good group of players. But taking action and delivering, that’s the next step.”

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2023/feb/04/everton-v-arsenal-premier-league-live-score-updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giampiero Boniperti obituary

Newcastle’s transformation and reconnection testament to Howe’s coaching | Andy Brassell

Russian jets kill over 200 Islamic State militants near Syria's Deir al-Zor: agencies